Fertility news, advice and more.
For many women who face problems conceiving, the joy of motherhood is a distant dream away. So if you’re having trouble getting pregnant, why not take a look at our top ten tips to improve your well-being which may help you conceive.
1. Realise the enormity of infertility and the need to treat yourself well.
2. See yourself as a whole individual and do everything you can to support that view.
3. Build the best support team that you can on every level, practically and emotionally.
4. Support your relationship generally, even outside of the fertility journey. Don’t lose sight of the person you are with.
5. Try not to put your life on hold. Infertility can affect every area of your life, but make an effort to keep hold of the other parts of your life too.
6. Take care of yourself physically. Eat well, take relaxation classes and get plenty of sleep.
7. Allow people to help you in ways that actually help. Often people may need to know what it is you need and how best to support you, don’t assume they will know!
8. Pursue the things that will bring you joy, laughter and comfort on a daily basis. Be proactive and remember that laughter is medicinal – it’s good for the immune system.
9. Find ways to remember you are not alone. Chat rooms and support groups can all be a huge relief.
10. Find ways to safely release your emotions. Writing a diary is a great place to start, as is a good counsellor, coach or mentor.
Here at the London Women’s Clinic we help many women who are having trouble getting pregnant. We offer a range of fertility treatments as well as emotional support. If you feel in need of extra support during your treatment, our patient co-ordinator team are available as well as our support group every month. For more information on how we can support you through your treatment, please contact us on 020 7563 4309.
Undergoing fertility treatment can be like learning to speak a new language. There are so many diffe...
Whether it's at the reception desk or in the embryology lab, everyone gets involved at the London Wo...