Egg donation and egg-sharing
Altruistic egg donation
Altruistic Egg Donation
The London Women's Clinic is seeking women wishing to become altruistic egg donors. We have a waiting list of patients who are hoping to recieve fertility treatment using donor eggs in the near future and need your help. If you fit the following criteria and are happy to donate your eggs you could potentially help a woman who is unable to have children of her own:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35
- Be a non-smoker
- Fit and healthy with a BMI between 20-30
- Have no previous history of severe endometriosis or polycystic ovarian disease
- Have no history of transmissible disease
- No personal or family history of inheritable disorders
- A number of blood tests will be required including an AMH hormone test and genetic testing which will all need to show a normal result.
All consultations, investigations and counselling will be free and will be arranged by the London Women's Clinic.
From 1st April 2012, altruistic egg donors can recieve compensation of up to £750 per cycle of donation to reasonably cover any financial losses incurred in connection with the donation. For more information please visit the HFEA website.